50.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-16-2021, 01:36 PM
RE: Software As A Service: Do you REALLY know about SAAS ??
More and more REQ threads keep appearing for these SAAS things...
I guess that having one's business data remaining as private and secure as possible is to lofty of a concern for any folks who cannot even spare a few minutes to learn what SAAS is - and why it is NOT a secure choice for anyone's business when used as anyone other than the SAAS's owner.
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
02-17-2021, 02:13 AM
It is one of the reasons that I don't like those grammar checkers or sites that allow you to write documents online. I have no idea what they are doing with my data.

Same goes for third party web or app builders, apart from being at the mercy of them continuing business or taking yours down.

I saw your post in the autoresponder thread, I added comments there for different reasons. I find anything that is offered lifetime for marketers, is usually garbage. I have some lifetime hosting I took from some of the big name marketers, it is still going, but I am not using it. It went down far too often.

Caveat Emptor my firends...
02-17-2021, 05:08 AM
Great post Smithnowt I think so many people are ignorant of the motivation behind so much of the JV Zoo and the like. Whilst we like to assume the more costly SAAS services are totally legit you haev to consider that Facebook, Amazon, Google ... are all keen to profit at our expense as well.

You see the same names coming up again and again with another load of absolute BS.
01-17-2022, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2022 11:14 AM by Lumos.)
Yes - I made the OP in 2020, and it has only become MORE true since then.

Problem is...paraphrasing Annie from Hudson Hawk=>
"Theft has become a legitimate business tactic".

IMO that simple fact gets multiplied MANY times in IM/MMO for the 'gurus' who actually manage to do quite well thereby:

(11-18-2020 12:23 PM)theman Wrote:  Sounds true to me but you just hope that most don't and be as wise as you can with the ones you choose. But in real business most will to a point...from Facebook to the phone companies they all take...use and sell your data...

And just as Theman said - the corpies do whatever they want with YOUR data.

JessyB also points at the biggies as the villains that they truly are:

(02-17-2021 05:08 AM)jessyb Wrote:  Great post Smithnowt I think so many people are ignorant of the motivation behind so much of the JV Zoo and the like. Whilst we like to assume the more costly SAAS services are totally legit you haev to consider that Facebook, Amazon, Google ... are all keen to profit at our expense as well.

You see the same names coming up again and again with another load of absolute BS.

So of course folks come here - get enchanted by all the shiny objects with lying promises - try some - waste time and efforts, and get discouraged.

I very STRONGLY suggest doing yourself a BIG favour by simply learning about this stuff BEFORE choosing any path that wastes your life energies BY DESIGN.
01-18-2022, 10:45 AM
appreciated bud and max reps to ya
71.gif
01-18-2022, 08:40 PM
Good explanation smithnowt. In the old days, we had desktop versions of software and companies had to shelve out a lot of money to buy licenses for every desktop. Then came the client-server model, where the software and database resided on a server and you just needed a desktop client to access the software. Client-server-based systems were later replaced by intranet-based systems, bringing the cost further down. The same concept was later applied to Internet-based systems and we saw a new generation of software systems. SAAS or subscription-based software in the cloud is just one of them.

But, as rightly pointed out by smithnowt, we have to be vigilant of fly-by-night operators who promise a very attractive deal in their sales page, but the software ceases to function properly or even becomes inaccessible over a period of time.
06-19-2022, 11:08 AM
And here we be - in 2022...meh.

Many, many SAAS things around lately.

They are a blight that is killing off the MMO realm via the greed and dishonesty of the so many 'gurus' who are using them for outright theft so conveniently in the many ways made possible by the trusting souls who either wasted their $$ to 'get in' or like our fellow members who gain access for free - but then...
The users then actually work for the creepy sellers benefits.

NOT a winning sort of thing for the poor users - ONLY for the dishonest sellers, sadly.

BEWARE !!!
06-20-2022, 05:28 AM
Totally agree Smith. It is especially being shared recently with varying concepts. I will say what I said on these posts - thanks, but no thanks! If you had the passion or proficiency to enter any of these markets, then why would you essentially give your business away by placing it as a subdomain for example, on these SAAS company's servers?

I can understand a certain tool that is SAAS-based - optins, social proof SAAS, etc for the mere possibility of alleviating your own server resources by removing the need to install WP plugins, but to put your livelihood in some "get rich, or die trying" IMer, or developer, well....that would be like giving the wolf the keys to the hen house because he's a cheap babysitter.

This reminds me of the frog and scorpion.
07-09-2022, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2022 10:12 PM by tupac.)
Good day all
Excellent topic and I agree with the OP, except for one note:
SAAS is not bad, like 90% of internet services are saas, from autoresponders to Shopify and almost everything... What is bad is the BS IM SAAS that those cheap IMers are throwing in the market.

Other than that, I myself I'm trying to build a Shopify-like saas for one specific country, and it has nothing to do with the bs IM, just simple shops renting.

-SAAS is good.
-IM cheap SAAS (especially those in the affiliate platforms) are very questionable.

Cheers.
Tupan
1) There are no enemies, but the enemies within, the enemies outside can do us no harm. 2) The best time to launch an offer was 10 years ago, the second best time to do that is today. So what are you waiting for? It's time to take action.
07-10-2022, 10:54 AM
Thanks for your contribution Tupac !!

Given that BBHF is mostly focused upon IM and MMO - I thought I'd been clear that I was aiming at the SAAS things peddled by rotten IMers and I even described how they outsource their creation cheaply and very often silently steal user's data.

One could even argue that discussion forums are a form of SAAS - unpaid of course (commonly) but they are STILL Software As A Service !!

What I am trying to warn about here is all the 'backdoor accesses' shared here at BBHF allowing members to 'get in' to SAAS by IMers for zero $ - and how said IMers mostly don't care because they are just harvesting the works and data from unwary users.

VERY ugly stuff IMO.
76.gif

15.gif