78.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-26-2023, 06:41 PM
Understanding martingale strategy and calculation
Hello,

I use an EA that employs the Martingale trading strategy. I would appreciate your assistance in understanding the calculations that determine take profit, stop loss, range, and lot size multiplier.

Here are the parameters:

1. Range = 21 pips (distance between trades in a sequence)
2. Initial lot = 0.01
3. Multiplier Lot size = 1.7
4. Maximum trade = 12 (maximum Martingale trade sequence)
5. TP (Take Profit) = 30 pips
6. SL (Stop Loss) = 253 pips
7. Star_ModifTp = 4 (This means that when the number of orders = 4 orders, the take profit will be modified at the last order price)

Based on my understanding, the calculation for Stop Loss is: SL = (Maximum Trade x Range) + 1, which results in 253 = (12 x 21) + 1.

The Take Profit formula is: TP = (Range + Broker Spread) + 9, leading to 30 = (21 + 0) + 9.

I am seeking your guidance on how the values for range (21), multiplier (1.7), and maximum trade (12) are decided. Additionally, I would like to know how I can minimize risk by adjusting these values. I experimented with a multiplier of 1.4, but it resulted in losses upon reversal. I also tried changing the range, take profit, and maximum trade, but default values seem to yield profits upon reversal.

I hope you can help me understand the mathematical calculations behind this Martingale strategy and guide me in determining new values that minimize risk.

Thank you.

21.gif